Login or sign up Lost password?
Login or sign up
He worked with his father at the Dutchess Junction brickyard and when his father moved to Chelsea, Aaron took over. Putnam's Sons, New York & London, 1908: "Among the sloops of Fishkill on Newburgh bay were the Commodore Jones, and the New Jersey, which were owned by the late Thomas Aldridge, who had extensive brickyards at Dutchess Junction." From Fred Rieck: In a 1929 Poughkeepsie city directory, George H. The factory was listed on the National Register of Historic Places as one of Westchester County’s most significant industrial buildings. Read more on Rob's wonderful website HUDSON VALLEY RUINS In conjunction with our sister-site Hudson River we have completed a new webpage: A BRIEF HISTORY of ROSETON and DANSKAMMER POINT, NY Here you will find a compilation of our research on the brickyards in this area (ROSE, JOVA and ARROW). He was a member of the class of 1908 during Freshman year, but joined 1909 at the beginning of Sophomore year. listed in the Hudson City Directory from 1897 to about 1909. Dunham established the first brickyard in Berlin, CT.